Friday, October 1, 2010

hypochondria yesterday

I feel fine today. Bay mares seem fine. Shade finished her 2nd week of antibiotics. I think I will call it good rather than giving a few more doses. She seems much better and I don't believe in giving antibiotics constantly. Plus I want to go (sans horse) to the close endurance ride tomorrow so it would be a pain to arrange Shade to be dosed by dad or squeeze it in early. Yes I can be a shallow brat at times. If I thought the horse needed medicine she would certainly get it but if I didn't have plans I would probably give antibiotics 1 or 2 more times 'just to make sure'.

I rode Grey today. We did some trotting and cantering and he is not coughing. Ole thinks the sand burrs are horrible just horrible. I do not remember him having such problems in the past. I'm almost thinking of getting him boots -wonder if he would wear them or would think it awful to have stuff on his feet?

No comments: