Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vaya con Dios, my fire breathing dragon






You are probably already challenging other horses to a race in the meadow across the rainbow bridge, knowing your love of seeing how hard you could run. I'll miss you even though you've been mostly on my back burner these last several years. You did a great job with Sadie as her weanling mentor, I believe you taught her to be almost as bold and brave as you were. She had brave genes from Szybki but she needed a role model cuz momma Shak was distrustful and timid. I have to scan the pic of you jumping the log on my/our first CTR. You look like a polished jumper, no one can tell from the pic that I am hugging the 2-qt round canteen whose strap was failing in my off arm and grabbing the lead around your neck just to make sure I stick with you as you zoom over the log cuz you wanted to hurry up and catch the horse in front and I figured it would be futile to fight you on that :)

No comments: