Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dr Mike is coming tomorrow at 8:30

I hope he'll think I'm being over cautious with Shade and Sadie. I MUST schedule to put Cindy down as well and I'm pretty sure I want to do it before the end of October. I decided that burying her on my WY property was not going to be comforting enough to be worth asking her to balance in the trailer for 4 hours. She is resting her hock most of the time and 2 days of bute (3rd this am) has not changed this resting the hock and not being eager to move much that I can see. Plus *I* just would not get that much out of it anyway. I like to bury the dogs and cats but a good bit of the comfort comes from the labor of digging the hole and filling it in over them, arranging a back-hoe or whatever to get a horse sized hole would not have any comfort factor so since I am not on the property now to see the grave its not worth it on multiple levels. I am still too sentimental to even look into the big cat sanctuary. I have never asked if they even take horses euthed by bullet instead of the chemical method. Dr Mike has eased 4 horses over the rainbow bridge with no problems at our place so I am sticking with what I know, but I'm going to be tearing up a lot this next month.

No comments: