Wednesday, October 13, 2010

skipped Shades tri-hist yesterday --coughing today

Yesterday it was raining so I just fed Shade and Grey Moun together and skipped the anti-histamine. I thought perhaps she was good to go without anymore since she was cough free on monday. I guess she needs to finish up the two weeks. Oh well its not like skipping a dose of antibiotics and letting the germs recharge, but with trying to settle reactive airways it probably would be better to keep them soothed all the time. I sure hope Shade will clear up and be ready to ride next season. Sometimes the no drugs of any kind rule in endurance sucks although I mostly agree with it. We are riding so many hours that slight side effects could lead to real problems even when the drug is not a performance enhancer or pain killer.

Rode Grey in the arena today. Ole and Mia both thought I should go down the road with them. Too bad, I am in zone of ignoring their whims to do just what I want with the horses for a while. Grey did well, he was getting bored, I was feeling things in my right hip so we didn't ride for long. I am still struggling a bit with Cindy, I feel like my friend D is the only one I know who really understands not waiting until the horse is completely miserable to euthanize but she does not understand being a wussy and having the vet do it with chemicals since she has more starch than me and has euthed her own horses. I hope I would cowboy up in an emergency, I think I would force myself but I can't do it just on possibility of cleaner death, there is the probability I would be shaking and would not shoot straight enough even though its point blank. Well its my personal decision and being able to get validation if I shared it would not be all that much comfort anyways.

No comments: