Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happier weekend stuff

I rode Razz saturday, the dogs were both PUSHING that they WOULD go along. So I went Pbbtttt and just rode in the paddock, Razz felt like he might be a bit ouchy last time I rode him out so staying in the soft paddock was good anyway. OMG I got the nicest jog from Razz. It made me understand how WP on a really good horse could actually be fun --minus all the dressing up, including the right amount of bling on the tack anyway.

This morning I took the dogs for a run with the car. Than this afternoon I rode Grey Moun 4 miles, Ole got to tag along, Mia was acting hyped up but she went and laid down well away from the gate so I didn't have to mess with tying her or putting her in the house or anything. Grey was full of beans. We cantered quite a bit and did a flat out gallup up the little sand hill. I think Grey is liking being completely retired from endurance but still needed for this trail-riding hunting trip. That sure works for me so I hope I'm reading him correctly.

I was chilled and had no ambition after riding Grey, but did get in a short short ride on Shade in the arena before I fed hay for the night. She had one cough, after cantering a bit but just that one time. I trotted and cantered the other direction to make sure she wasn't going to go into coughing fits and then asked her to back and played around with turning on the hind-end before quitting. I wasn't asking her to spin, but I got some nice feeling of moving her front end around the hind end while probably stepping in a small circle with her hind feet.

No comments: