Monday, October 4, 2010

Aack, more coughing this morning

Shade was coughing this morning. I will probably have Dr Mike come out for a peace of mind exam. I REALLY want to have at least one more season of lots of endurance rides with her. Dry, unlabored cough, so probably Shade just needs a couple months off which she was going to get anyway since I had to skip the Oct 2 ride on saturday and had figured it would be stupid to try to ram in one of the 2-3 day rides that are several hours haul from here in the next few weeks so I would focus on getting Sadie started, Grey legged up enough to handle the hunting trip, and taking care of Cindy -which I am struggling with.

This spring when she injured her fetlock I was grooming her a lot before Dr Mike could make it out in case the diagnosis was bad. Now the decision is mine and I have not been messing with her at all because I don't want to have her euthanized even though I feel I need to do it within the next couple of months. I put Cindy back on bute yesterday, she has been pretty sore on that hock. She would at minimum need to be on a bute regimen like Duke was for rest of her life but I still have the fear of more tendon injuries hanging overhead so I really think I need to cowboy up. Dang it was so much easier to make that call with Cinnamon. Cindy is still an easy keeper but it would be selfish of me to make her wait until she is as lame as Star was with Star's laminitis from the cushings. COWBOY up woman.

No comments: