Thursday, October 28, 2010

life goes on of course

I rode Grey Moun today. He was not as fresh as on sunday but seemed to feel pretty good. I shorted CJ on hay again. Yesterday I shorted everybody by not giving 2nd flakes of hay as I normally do. They all survived. I gave CJ more than 1/2 his usual so I'm sure he didn't suffer waiting for dad to hay this evening. Oh I am late posting here I think. CJ has a respiratory bug AND pigeon fever -aka dryland distemper. Flies spread it in places where the soil is pretty dry.

Had a Sadie report yesterday from the trainer. "SUPER SADIE!!! What a girl! She tacked with a big western saddle, lunged without a buck. Took to me banging the fenders on her sides good. Stood by the mounting block for me to stand above her and then lay on her back-good. Is taking her head side to side nicely. She also got a taste of wearing her molasses bit and some food for keeping it on.

Great day! You may come Saturday if you like. I am done with kids by 1pm."

I must remember to ensure that my camera has a memory card and maybe pack extra batteries for it. I think I will just drive my car down. With CJ being sick I don't want to be bringing in new germs. Well I'll decide for sure only on saturday.

No comments: