Thursday, September 30, 2010

Germs be gone

Cold virus germs I'm guessing. But maybe I'm just having a bit of allergy stuff and it will clear off without all the 'fun' of having the full spectrum of cold symptoms. I've been fairly blessed with good health so will have to resist urge to be totally whiny if I do get sick. I just don't want to get a full blown sinus infection. Will bust out the 'hot stuff' tonight. That seems to work well to ward off crap most of the time. I may have to buy stuff and make another batch. Perhaps I'm being a bit over aware of cold symptoms because an internet friend is critically ill with some lung infection. She was in hospital for 10 days in Pensacola and they were stumped and flew her to UAB in Birminham to the university hospital that has a special research unit for lung infections. I'm too lazy to web search it on another window and pull in the correct word.

I'm also really really wanting any germs to be getting vanquished in the bay girls. Should just count my blessing that they do not feel sick but the thought of either of them developing a respiratory issue and not being able to do the distance riding is almost as scary to me as thoughts of colic.

A rescuer in VA that I follow just posted that she needs to place 7 horses, 1 is arab. I usually manage to avoid getting sucked into thoughts of rescuing anything because 4 horse is really way too many. But my heart is getting tugged recently, I guess I'm fairly sure that I will part with Cindy soon although I've been totally waffling about euthanizing her or just seeing how things go this winter. Sister's SO euth'd her gelding for her last week, they had a back-hoe out to put in an automatic waterer and went ahead and put down and buried Muley while it was there. I think I will see if my animal communicator friend will talk to Cindy. Some days Cindy nickers for food and seems pretty cheerful and some days she comes over and eats but is resting the leg with the hock tendon injury and just doesn't seem to be thinking life is all that grand anymore. It sucks to have to be the decider.

No comments: