Sunday, September 19, 2010

mixed horsie news.

Yesterday I only heard Shade cough a bit in the morning and thought, 'well I started antibiotics I'll give em for a week but it must have just been allergy and the wetted hay is finally taking effect. Today Shade was coughing pretty regularly so I got some cough free into her. That is going to be 'fun' to dose since she won't eat it in feed.

Today I rode Razz to take Ole 1 mile to the irrigation ditch. Razz was a bit off on his right front I think. Ole was hot anyway so we only trotted enough for me to notice on the way out and then verify coming back. I guess I'll have to try easyboots and see if he is just wearing his foot down on one side.

This evening I practiced loading Sadie in the stock trailer while I was trying to get Shade to eat cough free in Sr feed with a bit of sweet feed. Sadie did great, I even closed the door on her and she is backing out so nicely for me. BUT I left her tied while I got some cough free syringed into Shade and now Sadie is coughing too, guess its confirmed that I have a respiratory bug. I guess I'll be giving her tucoprim powder too. I have to call Dr Mike and find out if I should just give all 5 horses a round of antibiotics or only the ones that are coughing and if penicillin shots are OK for some. Hmm I cant remember if anybody but CJ is easy for shots.

No comments: