Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm back in my Saturn SC

Picked it up from the mechanic this morning. A bit less than his estimate, every little bit helps so yay. It was good to be back in my own car. Mom's prius is a lot plusher car and my pickup is plusher too, but I traded down in cars so I could trade up in pickup for theoretically more reliability when towing horses. Well and I needed a bigger truck unless I traded off the BAT for a smaller &/or lighter horse trailer. The F350 has done well this summer after the memorial weekend misery with the fuel pump/ $$$ ruined injectors. Speaking of which I should track down the site with maintainence tips so I know what to ask P to do beyond basic oil change.

Shade had a round of coughing this morning as I went out to feed, so after skipping the cough free herbs yesterday I guess I'll try to give them again, maybe even dose her at night a few times. She has good appetite and seems pretty good overall, so I am trying to avoid being hypochondriac horse owner. Sadie has had moist nostrils, not even white snot and no more coughing so same story, trying to not 2nd guess my decision not to keep giving her antibiotics.

No comments: