Wednesday, September 1, 2010

politics

I wish there was a way to tell politicians put on the database - I'll vote for you but DONT call me. I don't think I'm particularly weird, perhaps a bit more towards the autistic end of the bell curve wrt to such things than the population at large but I was just short of very rude when a Ken Buck volunteer called me this weekend and I wanted him to win the primary; intend to give another small contribution to his campaign etc but darn it I don't want to get called to the phone for people to try to get me to buy or do anything.

Forcing the republican party more conservative -- I think the tea party people and silent conservatives like myself are making progress. Joe Miller squeaked out a win in AK over incumbent Murkowski. We got Buck rather than Norton here in CO for the senate race. Rubio chased Crist into going independent and is going to win in FL. A business owner is running against Feingold (D) in WI.

A few battles were lost. McCain won in AZ, but his opponent was not that strong. Rossi won in WA over Didier. Rossi has a reputation of being conservative I guess; but aside from my keep contributions local to cut down on begs from out of state pols I am not excited about him at all. The GOP was trying and trying to convince him to run but only after Clint Didier was generating excitement did Rossi who I believe is a 2 time loser in the governors race decide he would jump in. Two time loser and not willing to try until someone else showed voters are ready for a change from the liberal incumbent, how uninspiring. If I lived there I'd vote for him and maybe even kick in a few $ just to help try to stop the P/R/O train wreck but meh.

I had an email from the county GOP on an opportunity to meet Cory Gardener. Aside from my general laziness and non enjoyment of large 'mingle' events I was like "I dont want to meet him and risk not liking him personally when I consider it crucial to get someone other than Betsy Markey representing us." I think its quite possible I would like her in person but she has double-crossed us, posed as a business owner blue dog and then voted with Pelosi whenever her vote was needed to pass a piece of state takeover crap, then introduces conservative sounding bills that had ZERO chance of going anywhere to try to maintain 'blue dog' credentials. Fooled me once and I resent it, I would vote for a total jerk to get her out of there. Hopefully Gardner is not a jerk at all, but I have mistrust of him just for being in the political system for many years.

TIpton leads Salazar -YES! , and Frazier is close to Perlmutter. I am impressed with the energy in emails from both of them. I want to volunteer somehow for Frazier -NOT making phone calls though, LOL. But I want to do something concrete to get that gavel out of Nanzi's hands and while making small contributions feels good I think Frazier needs people to overcome all the facist business/goverment partnership money Perlmutter can tap into as a DNC incumbent.

No comments: