Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In better news my cars battery is toast

I had to get jump-started twice monday to get home. *I probably should have just kept the car running while I put in gas . but my luck I would have been that 1 in xxx that causes a fire so I turned it off. I didn't have to wait long to get another customer to jump me so it was ok. I would not have stopped for gas but I had let the tank get low and needed more gas to get home. Still had no juice when I got home and tried it right after turning it off.

Charged it overnight from the plug in charger and car started fine in the morning so I was wondering if it might be the alternator, even though I had juice to drive home with lights etc. But I also thought 'maybe it still takes charge but does not hold a charge anymore' Bingo - it was dead again this morning. I found the date punches on the batter they show oct 03. Pretty good for a 60 month battery so I think I'll let my small business mechanic sell me the replacement battery since he said he carries Interstate batteries and thats what is in there that looks like it ran for 83 months.

I have a tension headache, I'm getting too emotionally invested in politics again, plus there is a program at work that won't work, I don't know how to fix it myself so will remain stuck until the code expert has time -I need to just pull away which is hard for me sometimes. I looked around the website of the group that wrote the underlying software and its deprecated now. They want people to switch to a java decoder or decode on the fly. Code expert is pretty stuck to perl and I think still anti-java so I doubt if he will switch and I don't know how to install the java program to demonstrate 'hey look this would work fine'. Feels like fall is coming, I looked for winter predictions and they are no help with deciding on Cindy, it might be a mild to normal winter but a few show it could be colder or wetter than typical and our weather is so varied I don't really feel like I know what typical should be after living here 20 years.

No comments: