Friday, December 1, 2017

My car is cleaner than it has been in ages

Sadly, there was so much grime on the outside that it is still not clean after being run through the car wash.  That happened last time I used a car wash, I had forgotten about that.  Probably that clear coat last step makes it harder to wash the dirt underneath it off.   I guess I'll have to scrub a bit at home and run through another car wash in a week or 2.   I also vacuumed the interior,  got the seats and passenger floor areas.   I need to pull more small garbage like dropped straws from under the front seats and get the drivers side floor areas vacuumed.   I have a plan to see if some stray items I was saving just because I liked the fabric will work to cover over the stained cloth upholstery but I needed to get the interior vacuumed first.   I would still cringe a bit at having someone ride in the car today but I have got it to a state where it is fairly nice for me to commute in it.

I also plugged in the sewing machine and fixed the velcro on a fly mask this morning and then took it out to the tack room.   Just a few stray items left in on the table in the project room.   Last night I started putting some of mom's pictures from her memorial service into a photo album.   5 years of just having them on or falling off the poster boards we did for the memorial just propped in the corner by the encyclopedias.   That is a bigger project, because I'm taking time to write names and dates for each picture.  But it will be very good to get it done and have a nice album of mom pics instead of that posterboard mess.

Eventually I have got to force myself to sit down and write out my will stuff.  I am using the de-cluttering stuff as a "but this is important" excuse.  Of course I had the will forms for over a year and didn't fill it out when I was just wasting time surfing the web on weekends I was at home, but the baseball season is over now so I am hearing Dave Ramsey saying "You NEED a will"  2-3 times a week on my commute home so I'm feeling the nagging again.  


No comments: