Thursday, December 14, 2017

Feeling stressed today

I used to always get holiday/winter blahs in December.   This year I am trying hard to de-clutter and also just have a generally cleaner house and car.   Well I didn't set out thinking I wanted to worry about the cleaning aspect but without the layer of paper, boxes etc scattered over the surfaces the dirt is more visible so then I feel like I have to wipe it off.   All well and good, except that in the process of staging some things before sending them to recycle or giving to Salvation Army, etc.  I am re-cluttering some areas temporarily.   Between that and life with dad and dog and cats generating a fair amount of new dirt and clutter every week, I've been getting stressed at least a few minutes every morning.  I have at least been fairly good about letting go of that stress within an hour or less rather than carrying it the whole day.

This week I've been clearing out some handouts that mom had filed in the upstairs office.  I'm pretty close to being able to make one of the 4 filing cabinet drawers a place for filing papers I think I should keep for a few years.   Yesterday I searched online and found that I can take boxes of magazines and old microwaves (and probably toasters) to special recycle drop-off place in Boulder for $3 per carload.   I can handle that.   They have changed the fee for computer stuff, cables etc. to a price per pound.  I'll have see how outrageous I think that is.   I'm inclined to probably take the monitors and stuff there but keep searching to see if there is a place that salvages copper that would take the power cables without charging or at least not charge nearly as much per pound.

Small group at work is having a mini-retreat tomorrow.   I had thought it would be quite useful to agree on a road map to start getting to where the boss and most of the group wants to go.  But looking at the agenda email today it feels like its heading way more towards everybody do a bit of self-promotion and not likely to iron out what are the main objectives and what is the route we should start taking to get there.  Blech.




No comments: