Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Car load of magazines safely dropped off at the recycle place

And it was free, rather than the $3 vehicle fee I expected.   Perhaps they're trying to encourage folks to take in the Christmas aftermath rather than putting all those boxes in the trash.

Around a dozen boxes of magazines dropped off at the recycle place this morning (mom was saving pictures for pre-school kids to cut out and got way carried away). Alas we have got to fix the roof on the storage shed before I want to use the freed up space. When it was just a few shingles off I was ok with ignoring it but now the peak of the roof has a large gap so I will have to get Dad to help me fix it or hire someone to do it.  Sighhh,  always something getting in the way of just making my life easier by getting rid of crap and doing a bit of re-organizing.

My first book listing on Ebay was a no-sell.  I did not re-list with a cheaper initial bid.  If I decide to re-list or change how I'm listing things I will increase the initial bids and Buy it Now prices to include the shipping estimates and offer "free shipping"  

I got the parts ordered to fix dad's big recliner.  Now if I can get him to order me a red-dot scope that will work on the rifle I will take hog hunting.   I suspect I'll have to settle for him just showing/telling me what kind of attachment set up I need.  But I'd rather tear up one or both gift checks from him and have him order me a scope so I may suggest that. 

I am annoyed at sibs again.  Well sis did call last night after I texted her and probably would have called anyway.   Bro called while sis was on phone with us and left a less than 60 second message.   Dad did not call him back later.   I guess that is partly on dad.   I am trying to nag dad into calling his older sister M.  I did not suggest it for Christmas eve or day, I figured she was probably at family celebrations or tired from them.   But he hasn't called her in quite a while.   We got a card from J's widower with the wedding pic of him and new wife.  I'm happy for him, but there was not even a quarter page form note with wedding date, how they met or anything.    We have not gotten cards from M's other 3 daughters and spouses or any of their kids.  Well I didn't send cards/letters out when I was younger so I don't expect from the grown kids and the one cousin has had a habit of February cards to reduce Christmas stress.  

Still its a bit deflating not to get cards from the relatives.  Perhaps they are annoyed with us not doing a summer visit the last couple years, or are just busy and figure they exchange all the news all year on FB now so why mess with Christmas cards and letters.   I do hope we get more cards.  After all the 12th day of Christmas isn't here for another 10 days.  I intend to leave decorations up that long. 

No comments: