Friday, December 22, 2017

Pecking here, pecking there

It is the total opposite of advice I have read over the years for breaking a cycle of being a clutter bug; but its about 8 weeks and I'm still removing things.  Well I did start with the car, did not finish it before starting some on entry and other things but the car is free of loose clutter (we won't go into the glove box and whether I need 2 shopping bags over the front seat backs worth of stuff right now.)

But in three steps forward, two steps back, dad found a bag of stew meat on the floor.  When he showed it to me I foolishly said "just feed it to the dog"  I was trying to take a computer break.  Dear lord.  That tells me I do NOT want to ever do crime scene cleanup.   I had been thinking "oh I'm not squeamish, I could do that."   Well my nose is sensitive enough that I wouldn't ever want to mess with it.  Sure could use a respirator, but the smell would get into clothes and hair.

So I ended up taking the dog dish outside when the smell hit me,  left the dish even after rinsing and just brought Mia's old dish in for Toby to use for a bit.   Sprayed febreeze heavily.  Opened windows.  Did some more cleaning, including starting laundry.    The coats that were in the entry don't seem too bad so I may not have to wash all of them.   Decided that since the scent might drive me to eat out I might as well baptize the Little Green Machine I bought from Bissel.   It did pull a good amount of dirt out of the chairs, but didn't pull as much of the water out as I had hoped it would.   The web site made it seem like the machine would leave the fabric nearly dry.   Hopefully the chairs will be good and dry by morning.    

No comments: