Thursday, December 21, 2017

I spilled coffee at the meeting today, feels like a metaphor

Not for the day, but for how clumsy I feel with the new POD scientists.  One having become the group manager now.   I don't know the c++ and boost programming styles they use and they seem utterly resistant to taking anything from the old system.  I'm not trying to thwart progress on their new system; but I feel like they could progress faster for some points if they were willing to take level1 files from old system to start to get to the level2s and then go back to fill in the tools for zero to one, versus being dead set on building the tools right away to go from level0 to endpoints.   OH WELL.

I WILL keep taking photos and listing books on Ebay and generally clearing out the house.  I will try to learn the new programming tools so I can remain useful at work; but if worst came to worst I'm not a special snowflake and I could probably make a living until I'm ready to fully retire doing some kind of cleaning business.  Maybe doing yard cleanups if my body would hold up, but for sure I'm willing to use some bleach and elbow grease to clean up grungy bathrooms and so on.

I need to call the hog hunting outfitter in Texas and pick a date.  I've got to get over being so reluctant about making phone calls and committing to do an activity on a given date.

De-cluttering for the day was tossing a couple pairs of of pants.  I had to convince myself that the material is not good for cleaning and I'm not going to need to make any improvised saddle bags; but the pants are in the dumpster in the trash(feed) bag that I tied up before it was filled too full to tie and tossed in the dumpster myself, because dad overfills and then tosses them in w/o tying them shut, NOT GOOD with a shared dumpster,  I do not want our trash to end up spilling on the ground where the neighbors have to pick it up.  

Dad gave me a check for my B-day.  Sigh, I hate checks, I wish he would plan ahead and at least get cash, but I have to go to bank within a couple weeks to sign a paper to catch up on my Roth anyway.
 He did include a nice note thanking me for all I do for him.   I ordered Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover" for  my brother's grown stepson.   Ordered online and there was no screen to include any gift message so I will have to text brother that it is for S.  I almost ordered a copy for sis and B but wimped out on them possibly feeling like I was being a judgmental nag.  But I should give them the book or something similar.  If B would pick up on the idea of not wanting to buy fancy cars and furniture for bankers and adjust his habits (if he gets money from insurance company or SS for his disability now) it would really help them reduce financial stress vs his old habit of getting short term loans from the bank (paycheck advances) with fees that equated to interest rates that would make the mob blush.

LOL,  I hate checks but sent them to the sibs.  But mailing cash is risky.  Dad just left my card on the table, so cash would have been perfectly safe.



No comments: