Sunday, December 10, 2017

Aaack, drowning in clutter

I knew that dragging Christmas stuff out of the attic had the risk of highlighting how much clutter is still left.  Oh well,  when I put the stuff away after Christmas it should be like the old story about the overcrowded small house.   crowded small house parable  especially if I keep at the normal decluttering efforts.    I remember a longer version of the story with adding animals gradually and living with that chaos longer but too lazy to continue the web search today.

Plus mom had a bag of kids dress up stuff by the Christmas decorations and with the coloring it looked like some kind of Christmas figure so I took it down.  More incentive for me to call daycares/preschools, as now I have the dress up items plus songbooks that need to go where they can be appreciated.  

p.s.  I need to take a morning sudafed and some NSAIDs.   I am feeling congested sinuses.  Not quite a headache but at the ADR level.  Hopefully some pro-active measures will prevent getting a sinus infection.   Side effect of the over due dusting and maybe a bit of feeding loose hay to the minis.  But I need to get rid of the dust in the house and to stretch the mini's hay supply by feeding up some of the loose stuff on the ground from the big horse's stacks (plus this way I should be able to avoid the AACK, hay coming today and having to haul several big cartfuls to just dump on the ground some morning next summer.  

I should collect all the Christmas coffee cups and take them to Salvation Army but I will punt until next year.  Its too late in the season for folks to be looking to buy stuff like that; but mainly I just don't want to mess with it right now.   I need to focus on clearing out closets.  I may ride Tanza just in the pen today or possible skip riding at all.  It is already a bit breezy and he has been such a bundle of energy riding the local field roads that it is tiring to keep him down to a trot.   But less than 2 weeks and the days will start getting longer and that will help my energy level.

No comments: