Monday, December 4, 2017

I hate when I'm sleepy at work

I don't know how to prevent it though.   Typically I will get a burst of energy, born of guilt at not getting anything done if not from a more wholesome source at least the last few hours but this is one more bit of self-improvement I should tackle some day.

But for now I'm focusing on the de-cluttering and then getting my affairs more in order.  I have some ratty old t-shirts and have been forcing the "use them as rags and then toss" by cutting a couple of them up.   I am doing actual house cleaning as more of the surfaces are exposed with the removal of clutter.   I ran the glasses from the wine glass holder thru the dishwasher and dusted it thoroughly.   I wore a ratty old sweatshirt and jeans last week and through Sunday and after getting them very grubby I just threw them away.  

I have signed up for an endurance tack FB group and will sign up for a more general one too and will take pics of my now too big (YES!)  fleece riding pants and some misc. riding clothes and horse tack and try to sell this stuff.   I will also call some day-cares and the local elementary school/library about mom's kids books (and toys with the daycares)  and I will continue to use the work recycle bins heavily.   I've got most of 3 out of 6 of the poster board pics transferred to the photo album too.

I'm annoyed at the sibs for not calling T-day weekend or last weekend AFAIK.   They called for dad's b-day and that has been it.   The annoyance is mostly due to my angst over dad's health.   I found out with mom, when I thought she was better than she was that I am lousy at assessing medical conditions but I am worried that dad is fading.   I guess I need to phone sis and mention this so she will at least know, and know why I want to get the hog hunt in fairly soon and maybe she can plant the seed in bros mind that waiting until next September when he and M will be at Tae Kwon Do tournament in NM might be waiting too long.  

I also have to keep reminding myself of how good they have been to help me out when my vehicle broke down in Utah (Bro driving overnight with parents p/u to come fetch sis and I and our horses) and overall he has been pretty good at visiting folks and inviting them to visit and sis has been great to come out and hunt elk,  to trail riding with dad and so on.  Last few years they are feeling money pinch and I have to work to remind myself of all the good stuff they've done for me and the folks to avoid feeling like I'm just considered the family piggy bank and that they are not just anticipating inheritance, resenting dad for spending money mom got from her parents.    

And I am trying also to not 'borrow trouble' with thinking dad is going to die before I have even dealt with half of mom's odds and ends.   Wow, no wonder I felt tired/sleepy with all that fear of death in my subconscious.  I need to address it and keep plugging along with the general tasks.

No comments: