Saturday, December 16, 2017

Mini retreat on Friday was pretty OK

There was a fair amount of "what training can we arrange to help the group be able to redo the big code monolith in modules and taking advantage of new technology, what we did the past year vs goals announced at AMS meeting and what goals will be set out for this year.

I ended up staying pretty late at work getting something debugged and between that and the fact that more thinking and action will be required to get rid of a lot of remaining clutter I am dragging along today.   Oh well, marathon and new habits, not a sprint on this project.   If I didn't have the retainers I'd be stuffing my face constantly today.  I do take them out and eat when I'm hungry, but so far am resisting taking them out just to stress eat when I don't have hunger pangs or a definite craving for any particular thing.   

I have my walk in closet ready to be swept.  I need to wipe off my shoe shelf and move the cat box to the back of closet and the few items in back of closet to another closet.   I also emptied the old litter into a bucket and took to Tommy's box downstairs so I can see if getting rid of the lightweight kind will reduce the dust level.    I put of box of old "school/HW" papers in my car to go to the recycling bin.   I have peeked at some of my old notes in the past and I can't even read my handwriting at first glance so there is zero reason to keep these.  I'm feeling more like "so why am I only now tossing them?" than "WooHoo, more deadweight gone for good" right now but better way late than never.  

No comments: