Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Rolling rolling rolling, keep those doggies rolling

I feel like I am slowing down on the de-cluttering.  Its only a slow down from the t-day weekend when I tackled quite a lot and forming a habit is way more important than getting this or that surface clear but burning out.  But I have a bag of clothes on the sewing table.  I want to sew a button on one pair of pants before sending to Salv. Army.   And there is a skirt that the elastic probably should be replaced but I'll probably just donate as is.   I feel like negative progress, putting stuff on the table that I got almost clear, but it makes the best sense for them to be there until I get a button sewn on and find some more stuff to be donated to make the swing to their store on the way to work worthwhile.  

I have a bag of papers on my desk that I need to shred, not just toss in the paper recycling bin.      I have 3 out of 6 poster boards transferred to photo album, so I am progressing on things, its just not super fast.

The  contractors showed up to start the gutter work this morning.   They are about a month behind when they first told dad they would come.  I was beginning to wonder if he had been hoodwinked by some phony outfit that got a deposit and then disappeared so very good to see them starting on the project.    Toby was excited by the commotion and Bella had to come over to join in on play time.  I expected Toby might spend a lot of time in their yard after the dogs playing together a lot for 2 weeks  while we dog sat; but Bella figuring out she can get into our yard is an unexpected wrinkle.  Oh well,  the neighbors like that the two dogs play together, as long as they just play in either our yard or theirs it will be cool.

I have got to dig in at work.  I'm still a bit flat over finding out the new POD scientist is just writing specialized programs; so the work that I did to get the big package we use to do a couple things properly will only be utilized by me until she finishes her project.   Her and group boss are kind of doing the silo thing, doing their own thing and not sharing with the group.   IF they would kick the problem dude out of the weekly meetings maybe they wouldn't feel like they have to just do their own thing w/o keeping the team in the loop, but whatever.   I like the money and flexible hours at this job, but if they make me redundant in 3 years I feel like I'll be ready to move on.  




No comments: