Friday, December 29, 2017

Have to come up with a raffle item to have table at convention

I'm not sure what I'll do for that.  Bottle of wine would work I suppose, or buy a halter or rein safe from the dude that ties them.  Or possibly I could donate my Cloud stirrups if I get them cleaned up good enough.

I was going to put a broken down cardboard box and a small bag of trash in our dumpster this morning and forgot it;  I was driving down the road and several miles later noticed my trunk lid bouncing.  Thankfully I took a back way so no traffic and was easy to pull over.  So I put the cardboard in the cardboard dumpster at work and will have to deal with the bag this weekend.

But I can see parts of that countertop in the garage.  Now that I have set my mind to it, my stubborn nature should refuse to give in to the stupid clutter.   I got water seal on my old canvas horse blankets that I had never tossed.  So now I will use them as temporary very redneck fix for the shed roof and then throw them away when I fix the roof properly when we get back to warm weather.  So kind of killing 2 birds with one stone.   Hopefully it will keep the stuff in the shed well enough protected from the weather.  

Last year I did an online youtube type course on python programming -- I enjoyed that instructors accent so much that I listened to every lecture instead of skipping the basic stuff.  Python is different enough than perl that it seemed useful to get the extra practice anyway.

This year I bought an introduction course for c++.    I am having NO problem skipping ahead quite a bit with the bits that are close to c which I know at the very beginner level.   I hope I can stand to listen enough to learn the new points when I get to the object oriented lectures.

Yesterday I wandered around the next lab over for 20 minutes trying to find where they were doing the 'free-cycle' collection for office supply things like 3-ring binders, and finally just put the 3 that I had on a shelf in the big copy room in that building.  I don't know why they discontinued having a collection bin in the lobby.   I guess I will sneak some of mom's binders into our own binder area at work that is not completely over flowing.  I'll ask dad if he wants some for his magazines,  he was using binders for some for a while.   I want enough shelf space to get dad's overflow of magazines off the floor in the living room.   That should be doable but I have to get him on board to either take a bookcase downstairs for the 'zines or put them in the downstairs office on shelving which I have cleared of mom's kiddie books and can clear of other stuff by taking that stuff upstairs or whatever.  I'm thinking I may remove the metal binder piece and use them for mulch - at least the 5 that are fiberboard and not plastic/vinyl.

I've been punting all week on texting the hog hunting outfitter.  I don't know why.  Its a bit painful for me to type texts but its not that bad and I need to get that info so I can buy a red dot site or know that I need a bit higher end low light scope and what time we will have to get there on first day of hunt and so on.

No comments: