Tuesday, January 2, 2018

So texted the outfitter because I am rescheduling our hog hunt

Stupid me, initially said yes to his first suggested dates which are right on the new moon.   Well that wont work with all of us over 50 and no high end night optics.  And 90% of future hunting will be daylight hours for deer or elk so can't justify buying night optics.   He wants me to text tomorrow when he is home, to reschedule,  thankfully does seem willing to reschedule.

I did get a bookcase downstairs this weekend and got dads magazines moved and then cleared a bunch of clutter off the hearth of the stove insert.  I am quite enjoying looking at it now.

I deconstructed 3 vinyl binders.  They have cardboard inserts for the stiffness.    The hard part was popping the metal piece out.   Supposedly from the web this would only take a large flathead screwdriver.  Well I didn't find a large screwdriver, but it was quite a chore.  The rivets were no way going to come out with just a small screwdriver to pry with and they were not wanting to cut with the metal shears I found, but I did get them popped off eventually.    I put one binder piece on my headboard and hung some little accessories.  I will probably mount a few more for pot holders and such in the kitchen and am mulling whether they would be useful in my horse trailer and for hanging small items in the tack and feed room.

Books are not selling in 7 days on Ebay.  I need to take more pics and list the textbooks individually and put notices about I will combine shipping.  I did just re-list one set with a lower initial bid and took off the "Buy it Now" option.  I like Buy it Nows when I buy stuff; but until I figure out bottom bids that will cover shipping they probably are not useful for the books.  I hope I can just get them sold on Ebay and don't have to use Amazon or find a special online bookseller to sign up with.

I got my horse blankets on the shed roof.  I think I have obtained full redneck status now, LOL.  But the main thing is not having the wood get rotted, nor contents of shed exposed to elements before we can get the roof fixed properly.   Our neighbor is fixing a shed roof with metal roofing that is on his house and garage (the nice colored stuff)  Local lumber place has some that someone ordered and than welshed on taking so offering at good price.   Neighbor is not thrilled that color is brown rather than the red he has on house but doesn't want to pay full price to special order in to match.  Brown color would work great for us, and will look better than just the raw tin that is on his shed now.  I suspect this material could be painted, but not sure how well the paint would last or how easy it would be to match colors so I will keep my lips closed rather than suggesting "why not just paint it"

I took a baby step to prep for taking stuff to convention of bringing in my breast collar so I could see if the one I want to sell is complete.  It is not.  I do NOT remember ever having the pieces that are missing.  I will have to braid some replacement straps for it unless I find the missing pieces and am not going to search very hard.   Braiding would not be hard but the payment would be only getting this thing a new home, not any kind of $/hour payoff.    Same situation with my saddle bag where I feel like I have to stitch around where I cut stirrup slots in it.   Well doing that would be more soothing than watching most TV, or surfing the web so I should probably go ahead.

It is being stupid hard to find new homes for Mom's toys and things she had collected.  I hope I don't end up having to trash them but I really want them gone from the place,  If I get rid of more junk from the storage shed and get it weathertight the space taken up wont matter, but looking ahead to selling place to settle estate in a few, or hopefully more like several, years the stuff will have to be removed and I'd rather avoid having to just pitch everything into a big haul off dumpster in a time pressed slog.

No comments: