Tuesday, January 16, 2018

At least its a short week

Or perhaps I should absolutely not say this,  it is a short week so I only have 4 days to get things done at work and on Friday my farrier is coming.   Since he is coming on Friday I'm tempted to come extra late to work on Thursday so I can get a morning ride in.  Plus its supposed to be cold and snowy on Saturday.

I got my saddle carrier sewing project done yesterday.  Now I think I should wash the thing and I also think I should put a bit of shoe goop on the edges to prevent raveling.  It is a bit OCD that I feel the need to get this thing so improved to offer it for sale at a great discount price.  Oh well, I yam what I yam.   I have lots and lots of yummy candy left after the work potluck.  I will probably leave some out tomorrow to be nice to folks but I need to have chocolate for the rest of the week so no one in the office has to face me w/o any sweetening.

I'm fairly sure I left my key card in my lightweight coat.  It is not in my purse, luckily one of the post-docs was coming in when I got to work so I didn't need it, but now I can't haul the extra bags of stuff in my car trunk to the recycling bins until tomorrow.

Ed's wife sent me a long text on Sunday.  I didn't see it until today and am unsure how to respond, it was a bit rambling.  I'll come up with something.   A sweet internet friend lost her daughter yesterday "to bipolar"  I think that is code for suicide.   I was just joining an internet BB years a dozen or so years ago right after her son had committed suicide.    She is filled with faith that God forgives them and she will see them in heaven.  And she is likely correct; if they fought the inner demons as long as possible god won't hold an action that was a result of mental illness against them.

   But after losing Pete from the endurance community a couple months ago 2.5 years after K took his life, I am furious at selfish twats who just opt out, not only for the pain they directly caused to their family and friends but for putting the idea in the heads of surviving members of the family or group that you won't be cussed and raged at, but only eulogized for taking that selfish action when you are hurting at some point.   Polite society will not rage to hurting survivors who are clinging to the idea of grace and need to forgive their dead loved one to let themselves heal. But while we try to "judge not, lest ye be judged"  we are angry, especially at the initial selfish twats who have ended up causing a 2nd cascade of grief.   But I need to really live that judge not command.  I was not living whatever mental and or physical anguish any of these folks were in, only God can judge them.

No comments: