Monday, January 15, 2018

The shed has its new roof already

P works FAST.   He got it done in just one day, with time out to see if our little tractor would lift a propane tank he was selling and then finished up before the buyers showed up after that was a go.  I just put the water-seal coated blankets back on the fence rail rather than tossed them.  I may put them on the one horse shed.  Need to fix its tin roof.  I have Lady in there.  I had pulled horses out of there because I wasn't sure it was safe but one morning when I was feeding Tanza Lady and CJ both ran out the gate when I was trying to get Tanza in and they all 3 went in that back corral.   Lady was running off when I went to catch her and I decided she can just stay there then.  It makes feeding Tanza his extra feed easier.

I got the last of the Christmas stuff packed up and Dad helped me get all the boxes back in the attic and even remembered to go fetch mouse poison to set out up there.   I did a little de-cluttering in the garage and big thing - I asked P when he was working on our roof if his church does group 'garage' sales.  I will ask our other neighbor about her church also.   I don't need more shelf space in the shed right away and it would be ever so much easier to just take all the items to a church parking lot vs getting pictures and setting up delivery and all that jazz to sell things on FB or craigslist.  It is still annoying that the Dems to *protect* people passed the consumer protection rules that even 2nd hand shops can't sell things w/o proving they are free of lead or other junk that some Chinese toys had had.   Of course it is 100% in line with the Dems philosophy to make folks sign up for charity toy drives rather than have an easy budget option to buy 2nd hand toys themselves.

I think I will stop saving the cat litter jugs for now and just take them to recycle.  I don't want to make myself too much of a slave to baby trees that need extra watering, nor exchange mom's oleo and yogurt containers that were not going to be re-used for jugs that wont get re-used either in that shed.  I have several big jugs that I can set out for slow watering, and can save more as we use litter if I use all the saved ones for watering.

I did a search for how to deconstruct the 3 ring binders and tried the drilling out the rivets Saturday evening.  That works pretty well so I can remove all the metal rings and backing plates.  I will use some for hanging pot holders and such and if it is not too hard to install will put some in my horse trailer tack areas.  

Sunday I rode Tanza,  wow I love how doing the planking, and the leg squats makes it so much easier to feel secure in the saddle and to mount.   Tanza was pretty good,  he did do a deer jump a couple of time and I had to do the bend a whoa's to remind him that is not acceptable.  But overall he was not too nervous, nor obnoxious about wanting to race to get home right away.  



No comments: