Monday, January 29, 2018

Argh, two steps backwards

Form letter from state today.  They destroyed my check for my ticket because it didn't match the amount the officer had for the total.  It was really stupid of me to just send in the check without at least adding a note  stating that the subtotal amounts only added up to 103 so I was not paying 108 without an explanation.   So to get it behind me today I just paid it online, which included a 3% handling fee on top of the mystery $5 overcharge vs subtotal amounts.   GAAH.  Oh well,  $5 or $8 is only a tiny tiny spec in my budget, it was just the principle of the thing.  But I didn't think to photocopy the damn ticket before including it when I sent the check so I could hardly dispute things now.  Maybe I had messed up my math in spite of double checking it, I can repeat a mistake multiple times; or officer horrible penmanships 70 to my eyes was 75 or some darn thing.   


I had a nice ride on Tanza yesterday.  Short but nice.  I should have gotten my saddle cleaned, but at least I have finished up the panels.   I should probably do a test ride on Razz to make sure the velcro all holds up and all.  I made chili with another bison chuck roast last night.   It tasted fine but I can't eat chili at night.  I don't think its too spicy and I have been rinsing the beans thoroughly after soaking them for many hours so it shouldn't be overly gas inducing but I had to take a gasX pill last night in the middle of the night.  I decided I only felt bloated and not like too much acid.  I need to buy more of the Maalox + with the gas reducer.   Still I am thinking I may not want to make too much chili.  I probably need to take a break from trying to use the roasts and just do steaks and burger for a few weeks. 

I put up 3 3-ring binder spines in garage Saturday.  Project was not going smoothly.  The driver kept stripping the screwheads so I had to just put them all in by hand.  I was drilling pilot holes but it still wasn't working for me.  I didn't do any practicing with the rifle and new scope for the hog hunt in March.  Its a ways off yet, but I need a lot of practice and I might get ride invites later.   But snails pace decluttering is still de-cluttering so I need to not go all angsty about this.  


No comments: