Friday, January 12, 2018

Shock, Tanza earned a regional points award for AERC 2017

I thought only the first 3, maybe 4 in each weight division ever got in for our region and they were all well ahead on points, riding to place fairly high and doing 100s; but I guess our regions percent membership vs the highest membership region which places down to the first 10 horses has gone up; so Kenlyn Tanzaknight is in at number 5 unless someone didn't get all their points recorded and notices and gets that corrected.   Since I didn't think placings went down so far and was riding slow, although I did get Tanza 10 ride completions, I am not as thrilled as I would be if I had made it a goal to get into the top 3 or 4 spots and had ridden faster or completed a 100 and got bonus multiplier for that mileage.   But it is kind of fun;  a reminder of what a talented horse I have, making it into standings when he was only 7 is pretty cool even if its a bit of a low bar.  I am so blessed that I stumbled across his ad and was able to buy him 3.x years ago.

I'm only staying even with the clutter right now.  Better than having it build up and I'm going to have to live with dad's clutter to a fair extant.  I have been hoping that if I get to a point where there is good progress I could ask him to move his dining room table clutter into the downstairs office.  Even though we rarely eat at the kitchen table I'd like to keep it pretty much cleared so we *could invite someone to join us for a meal at short notice.  But that is not a biggie.  What I need to do is get my papers in order and maybe coax dad to adjust his will and to send copies to the sibs regardless so that they know the score.   I think will currently specifies X property to Y child, and the property values and mortgage paid down on this place near the $$ metro area has probably skewed things from being pretty much equal split of assets as it was when the will was originally done.

  As executor I can probably make some adjustments, especially if my official inheritance is bigger but I'm not sure how it would work with tax laws and things.  I'd rather have it more spelled out that if ND place is 20% of estate value and ND farmland is 33% and CO place is 47% that I pay sis a sum equal to 11% of estate value, either out of proceeds of selling CO place or doing a refinance for that 11% of estate value if I keep living here for a while or whatever and bro can sell the farmland if he wants $ or keep renting it out if he wants that income instead.   And of course I might die before dad and not have to worry about his estate but MUST get my papers in order so that he and sis don't have an awful mess to sort through.




No comments: