Thursday, January 25, 2018

grief counseling at work

I guess it is a nice thing for companies or schools to bring in counselors for folks to talk to when an employee or student dies suddenly.   I just don't think I'd want to lower my guard AT work and wouldn't ever go to one in that setting.  Share the shock and sadness with colleagues over coffee and if I still felt gut punched I think I'd spend the dough to see someone privately.

I need to find a system of mini goals to reach early in the day and tracking progress on bigger projects to get myself out of my slump at work.  It is not good and even on mornings where I think "I will do x and y at work and it will be good" I get there and just stall out.   Not acceptable and I know it.

Finally got Sadies hoof supplement ordered last night.  I don't know what my block was on ordering more.  Sometimes its just laziness I guess.  I have been pecking at getting my OF saddle fixed up so offer for sale.  Sewing and gluing velcro on my panels so replace the old screws that attached them to the saddle tree and seat.   Its proving a bigger longer project than I had planned on it being; typical, I always think I can whip some project out in a just 2-3 hours and it ends up taking several hours and going on over many days if I don't complete it on a weekend.

I need some OMMM, OMMMM,  having the tidier rooms, trailer tack compartments  and tack area where I can find things more easily because they are not buried under junk I never use will make life more relaxed this summer.   And it is OK to not be in riding mode yet.   Tanza runs around and keeps his muscles loose almost every morning :P





No comments: