Friday, January 5, 2018

TGIF

I'm so done with the group work.  Carry over from last night on that.   I was overly reactive about getting pings and advise for a script spamming people with warnings about something that didn't matter.  But no one is pestering today so I think they are on to other things.  With any luck they are all thinking how to deal with the luddite senior software engineer and have forgotten all about tempermental redhead.

Updating my old ground based processing to the new software and I14 vs I08 files is going fairly well.  Its taking more time than I probably should be spending but I was just doing Udemy lectures last week because I didn't have any pressing work on the main missions.  

It should be warm enough to ride this weekend.  I'm feeling a bit faint-hearted to ride my little red ball of energy.  So funny because I can take him away from home and he is great but close to home his energy level is so high I get a bit nervous.  I'll have to work on strategies to relax us both this winter.  

I have some summer weight breeches set aside for convention next month and washed and tossed in dryer the full seat breeches that I want to sell.  And have the anti-fly leg wraps soaking is dish soap and oxyclean.   But it feels off today to not have a bunch of paper or old containers for the recycling bins.   I'll have to get used to it.   There is several days worth of old paper handouts yet in the bookshelf in the workroom but I don't need the bookshelf space immediately and I want to focus on my own closet first.  I will have to get pictures taken of mom's old textbooks to sell individually rather than the lots I had started with. 

I also need to get pics of all her toys and games.   Huge sigh - this is largely thanks to Obama era strangling regulations in response to Chinese toy products having lead and other contaminants but Sal. Army and most charities will not take any used toys anymore.  I will have to put them on sale on FB for charity prices with offers to deliver to public parking areas that won't be too out of my way.   Another example of Dems pretending to be helpful to poor folks and small businesses while really only helping giant offshore corporations.   I guess my other option on the toys would be to wait and have a garage sale or see about getting in on a churches garage sale or something like that.  I'll have to ask the church attending neighbors if their churches do big community garage sales.  Maybe even churches and calling things a garage sale with no retail displays still have to worry about the stupid "prove these toys or books are lead free" regulations  SMH.  

No comments: