Monday, December 11, 2017

Well got outdoor decorations up yesterday

And I did a lot of cleaning in my walk-in closet.   Pretty soon I'll have that wrapped up and can start on the closet shelves and my waterbed drawers.  I don't think I have much junk in the drawers but I need to sort them out as I'm always struggling to find a place to put away the clean clothes.  I have way too  many clothes even after the initial purging that I have done.   But at least I have done some purging.   Hopefully as the habit gets ingrained and as an easier option than taking pictures to list the horse stuff that needs to go and searching for homes for mom's kids books and things I can easily remove more of the things I never wear.    I am also learning to become comfortable with tossing out the ratty old clothes rather than thinking "I should save them for patches , or cleaning rags (which I have super abundance of) or making rag rugs (which I do not do) etc.

I should see if there is or will be temporarily a bin at work for magazines.   But I'm getting more comfortable with the idea of just tossing them out too.   Having them just sit in the house rather than going into a landfill is NOT saving the planet, it is just harming my mental health.

Dad did help me quite a bit with getting decorations down from the attic, finding the solar timers and putting up the outdoor lights so that is re-assuring that he'll probably keep chugging along.  I have to call sis about the hog hunt.  It is a long drive but even with having to get a hotel room on the way to the hunt and possibly on the way back I think its the best option I found.  If she can take that much vacation time it will be good.  I could cover some lost pay for her too if needed and if she will take it.

I am thinking I might buy the Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover" or whatever for Ed's stepson Steven and his girlfriend and possibly also give a copy to sis and Brian.  I don't know how much of the program sis could follow but if it just planted the seed in Brian's mind to stop giving the banks so much money that would help them quite a bit, especially when (thinking positive) they get SSDI or whatever for Brian and some settlement from his  (fomer?) friends insurance company for the wrist injury.   I should buy myself   "Retire Inspired"

I had hit a wall though.  This morning I should have put the last of the poster board pics into the photo album.  Should be easy as they are just pics of her flower beds but I just could not make myself do it.  I did find the shoes that Toby chewed one up and tossed them in the trash so I did "at least one piece of clutter" and with all the extra efforts over the weekend that is good enough.

No comments: