Monday, December 18, 2017

I must get moving soon

So of course I'm dashing off a quick blog post instead.   Oh well it is just the Monday blahs.  I'll shake them off in a bit.   DL is ready for me to take Lady back for winter and early spring.  I had been wondering when I might hear from them and just coasting along waiting for them to contact me vs initiating contact.  But this will eat up one day that I had thought I'd have extra time to work on my "take this place back from the clutter" project.   Oh well.    Yesterday I threw away the 2 very ratty quilts from the couch and loveseat and replaced them with some quilts that were not being used on any beds.  Little by little I am gaining ground.    I'll probably add more from work, when I need some blogging therapy.

First item  is posted for sale on Ebay.  I posted the set of 8 Dell Shannon books in the computer room upstairs.   Ebay thinks they have a high chance of selling.  I suppose all the bulky Psychology textbooks will be harder to move.  But we shall see.   The USPS media rate is more expensive than I thought.  But I left in the Ebay shipping estimate tack on so any buyer(s) will pay for most of shipping.   I suppose I should look up whether UPS would be more economical for a heavy box of textbooks but perhaps Ebay does that automatically.  That would be too cool.

Having dipped my toes in the Ebay water, I hope I will stay on track to list things that I don't want to just drop off at a charity thrift store because specialized item or something I want to know will be appreciated and not end up in a dumpster because store staff didn't think it would sell or it sat on shelves for X weeks and proved it would not sell to thrift store browsers.   It is a bit more work, taking pictures and having to type up the listings but at least for these books it was not bad.

I am starting to peck at the garage and garden shed.  I should take before pics of the garage.  Should have taken before pics of entryway and walk-in closet, to remind myself of progress made.  But every morning commute I see my cleared car; although I still need to feed the gas station vacuum again.

This is a great habit to be establishing, and starting with my car has turned out to be a good motivator.  Funny that I got started thanks to B telling me M's story about remedial safe driving course and the picture of the tissue box embedded in someones head.  

No comments: