Wednesday, November 29, 2017

I'm a posting fool lately

And kind of feel like a fool period.    Work was fubar last night and after hearing nothing for 4 hours from the sys admin who was working to fix it (but I had impression he was not bothering until morning) I sent emails to all the folks who I figured were getting failures as they tried to deliver data to us.  10 minutes after I wrote the last email and headed for home he got the ftp fixed and data came in.     Face palm.

In better news for me I am finding my usual web time wasters less interesting lately so I'm not distracting myself as much at work and I've been making progress on the de-cluttering the house efforts.  I dropped off 3 boxes and 1 bag of clothes and toys at SA today.    It feels so free once I have walked away from the SA store and know that stuff is gone for good.

I need to focus on these good feelings because there is still too much junk in the entry in the house, and in my walk in closet, the guest room, etc. Human nature to not be happy for long I guess, the extra space from clearing out old shoes and stuff I dealt with is no longer so noticeable and the stuff I haven't dealt with yet is mocking me while I try to stifle my irritation when I knock it down getting something I want.

  But I knew a month ago when I started that the only way I would get rid of much clutter is to approach this as a long term slow process, committing to just keep pecking at things over several months.   Perhaps the focus on one spot at a time approach would be helpful in this aspect, but for now I cast my eyes about in various rooms when I am in them and make the 1 or 2 easiest "this should be moved to different area, given away or thrown away. decisions"     No pristine rooms yet, but I'm not hitting a mental fatigue wall deciding what to do with stuff that is not an easy decision.  




No comments: