Sunday, November 26, 2017

Must continue de-cluttering

I still have easy stuff I can do, throwing away crap, and taking plastic and paper to recycling bins at work plus wearable clothes to Salvation Army store and I may have to just focus on this easy stuff; but I am bumping into "what can I do with Mom's collection of Wildlife cards,  or her Psychology and self-help therapy books",  her sets of figures for the play therapy and some old pre-school stuff etc.  

I want to give or send the good stuff like the Wildlife card series where they will be appreciated.   But I don't want to spend much time calling libraries and day-cares and then have to deliver things very far.   So I will have to balance out doing enough calling and being willing to deliver to be comfortable with the stuff being appreciated vs feeling like I'm spending too much of my time just to get a little bit more space in the house and outbuildings.  

I'm also trying to decide whether to put up the tree and do any outdoor decorations or not.   I'm kind of leaning towards at least putting out the indoor stuff and some of the outdoor stuff.   I don't want to slide into not doing anything at all for Christmas holiday.  

And then there is the old power cords, TVs, keyboards etc.   It pisses me off to have to pay someplace to take those things.   They have valuable metals that I think offset the cost of dealing with them, but the stupid blue state charges decent people to take them, and then ignores the illegal aliens and some white trash folks that just dump that stuff in the rural ditches where it really is destructive to the environment.  

No comments: