Sunday, November 19, 2017

Still on track with the de-cluttering goal

I have to remind myself regularly that the goal is just to keep getting rid of some bit of clutter each day.   Driving to work is helpful because I can look at my cleared front seat and now back seat.   I have to pull just a bit more of crap from the back floor and under seats and will be able to use a gas station vac on it.

And I did deal with the feather mattress topper that Toby tore this summer when we first got him.   Bigger project than I envisioned.   I bought a twin size duvet cover with a zipper.   Then did sew three seams on it to make the dimensions close to the topper.    Lot of sewing but if there are bad patches it wont mean leaking feathers just that the topper wont keep its shape as well so my typical rushing and non-straight seams are not a problem.    Then I vacuumed up most of the spilled feathers.

I also trailed to Lory with Tanza and rode with Phylicia and her new mare Scarlett on Saturday and took a short ride at home on Sadie today and cooked chicken fried cube steak and roasted taters for supper tonight.   And even logged into work yesterday and set a script to work removing some old files and did the usual weekend couple loads of laundry.

So not a bust of a weekend but I am feeling deflated tonight, I got tired and did not get the guest room fully vacuumed, need to move furniture and finish up and need to get the bed made.  But I have the bottom sheet on and that is something.

No comments: