Friday, November 10, 2017

Moab seems so long ago

In reality today is 2 weeks from the first of the 3 days of the ride.   The ride was a BLAST.  Tanza was strong all weekend, a bit stupid on day 1 when I was leading up the technical spot they recommended leading up.   This distracted the gal leading her nicely behaved mare ahead of us and she missed ribbons and then her horse slipped on steeper section of slick rock that RM didn't intend us to be on.   I felt badly about that.

But other than that "I need to work on Tanza ground manners including staying behind me if I request it for a technical section of trail"  incident the ride was wonderful.  Tanza was pretty sensible for me and he got stronger and stronger --although after day 3 he was sore where the girth is and a bit back sore and didn't want me riding him anymore.

I have to work out my saddle pad(s)  Decided I had the memory foam one too thick so I used the other one and it was wanting to work forward on day 1.  On day 2 I used that insert in my Skito pockets with pad I had sewed the keeper strap to prevent pad being able to go forward.

I have got to get my p/u diagnosed and fixed.   I think my fuel injectors may be partially clogged ($$) I have been forgetting to call neighbor mechanic to ask what shop he would go to.  I think this is something that needs to be diagnosed in a shop vs something he could do for me.

B and Taj rode with us.  B was wonderful company.  Helped keep me from panicking when the p/u had very little power the two times, cooked suppers and and was great company.  Taj is such a cutie, he reminds me of Grey Moun but has better conformation.  

I have been working on de-cluttering since I got back home.   Two things nudged me into getting started.
 1) it was painful clearing out junk I don't use from p/u and trailer to make room for Bs stuff, worth it to have that 2nd driver and company but why was I carting all that around and having to sift through it to find stuff I wanted for over a year anyway.  and
2) in the course of conversation B mentioned that Mike had had to take a defensive driving course after getting speeding tickets and the one thing that stuck in his head from the car wreck pics they made them look at was the kleenex box embedded in someones head.    That got me started on clearing crap out of my car which looked like something out of those hoarder shows on TLC.  

Doing this by "find at least one thing throw away or stow properly in trunk or house/garage rather than car" daily rather than trying to tackle even a small area in one day and then being burned out is working out for me so far.   I have since expanded from the car even though I have a bit to go before I can use the monster vac at a gas station on the car.

No comments: