Tuesday, February 15, 2011

yay, I am being referred to an ENT

I suppose I should be pleased that my Dr is referring me since the sinus monster has not yielded to the basic treatments but it just feels like more delay and hassle. Hmm, I may have to stop blogging or at least stop the online whinging part. I teared up on sunday and brought on a headache. DOH, never never never let yourself give in to even a brief bout of crying when you have a sinus issue which presents like a durned hoof abcess with insufficient drainage that causes painful pressure. Well I better call the ENT office sooner rather than later, today was a bugger morning starting shortly after 4 am. Got that headache gone and went back to bed but got another one at 6:30, and I knew I needed to attack it but I felt so tired and stubborn I let it build up before crawling out of bed to deal with it with hot compress when the ice bottle I keep next to my pillow was failing to quell it. I had so hoped that switching to ibuprofen was going to keep the nighttime headaches more mild as they had been for the previous few days and keep daytime headaches from developing at all unless I was stupid enough to get teary.

Oh joy, the ENT office is "don't call us, we'll call you after the PA reviews" How lovely that I could possibly get kicked back to my primary care Dr if the PA doesn't think my scan/history warrants ENT attention.

**5:02 pm - no call from the ENT office, do I think someone is on staff till 6pm there -- why no no I don't.

I THINK I am going to have to call tomorrow and tell them that if they can't treat me reasonably soon then I need to get my Doc's office to refer me to Franklin clinic instead. Darn it I hate chasing things via phone at the best of times, only desperation the the sinus monster may be growing again will drive me to get it done in spite of just wanting to coast along avoid anything that might raise BP or otherwise awaken sinus pressure. BLAH. I am so effing tired of this. One step closer to stocking up on horse medicines and really only the fact that the sulfa drug has had mixed results on stamping out previous sinus infection is making me stick with using the services that I did choose to buy insurance for this year instead of going with a HSA plan.

No comments: