Wednesday, February 9, 2011

sinus scan today --Doc gets results in 2 days

I felt absolutely crappy on tuesday and took a sick day from work. I finally went back to using heat on my face and it was like a miracle cure. Slept 1/2 way well, pain was mildish when it woke me and took less time to chase away then I remember. So I hope the sinus monster, I'm thinking of naming it Barry LOL, was not hidden during the cat scan. Or if it is leaving and will STAY GONE I could live with that. Like getting the vet out and the horse is better. I just really don't want to have continued pain waking me up and there is nothing for the docs to go on. I may have to see if I can find the sinus survival book I gave mom a couple years ago if the scan doesn't give the doc a treatment plan. That or just buy a horse sized bottle of sulfa AB from my vet and pretend Obamacare has taken root, I don't want to ruin my immune system taking AB's for a huge length of time but I can't help wondering if I might be better off now if I had just tried sulfa AB for a few weeks and not even used the HMO back when this started. Oh well second guessing is a negative activity. The horses had snowballs in their feet this morning and it made me feel better that I probably made the right call with Cindy this fall. Its just a minor nuisance for the ones that have working tendons but its the kind of thing that could tear a tendon that was brittle. Poor Cindy, I probably could have managed an arthritic joint to keep her comfortable but I don't know of anything one can do for tendons that start breaking down. She loved to GO so I don't think she would have been OK with a bunch of stall confinement.

No comments: