Monday, February 7, 2011

"my" soldier is done with his tour

So I don't need to feel bad about not getting anything mailed last week nor force myself to write something. I just have to decide whether to "adopt" another one. I was not very good about getting stuff sent to this one. I am not fond of writing to strangers with no idea of their interests but had been fairly good at the packages but when I was given a sailor on a carrier as opposed to someone stuck on a FOB I didn't think chips and jerky would have too much appeal and I wasn't great at coming up with other stuff. I think I will wait until I think the sinus crud is resolved, I'm using it as an excuse as much or more than actually being clobbered but still I am way behind on things and need to get into a better groove. I couldn't be whinging about a sinus infection to someone serving in Afghanistan with some real possibility of losing limbs to an IED and probably at minimum knows someone who has been through that.

No comments: