Sunday, February 13, 2011

regional endurance convention yesterday

A mixed bag for me. I wondered if I would feel up to going at all with the stupid sinus crap. Well I made it just as the last speaker was finishing up. I was not having any pain but the drugs and foggy head feeling from the pressure or lack of deep sleep or something made it extra hard for me to cope with milling crowds. I had thought I wanted to go ahead and get there at that time rather than waiting for the banquet so I could shop but I was so out of it I only bought a set of cards made from ride photos that Karl creations were selling. WOW, they have always been awesome ride photographers but they had some wonderful portraits and artsy pictures displayed too. I should have bought a cool medic vest and sweat scraper from another vendor but I was wavering on it, then decided to do my on call check to get away from crowd noise and they were packed up when I finished with that. Well I can email them and ask them to set those things aside for me or something.

The hotel had wifi as I was sure they would so I was able to do an 'on call' check after UTC midnight before the banquet. I have not cared to drink at all with all the NSAIDS, and sudafed I've been taking, too bad I think I could have used some social lubricant. Shade was the 6th "FW" horse. They gave me a size small, sigh. I can get into it and perhaps vests should be snug but next year I must contact them to let them know I need a medium in most unisex sizing and a large in most ladies. I think this is the first year this happened, perhaps new person ordered things or the bargain hunting gal had more stuff on her mind. They know I just declare as a FW because I think 4 weight divisions is too many.

Neither B nor Q was there. I was not really surprised, they didn't make it last year and I didn't seem them at any rides I made it to this year but I missed their fun company even though I'm not super close with either of them.

No comments: