Thursday, December 2, 2010

WooHoo, One thing is done.

I got the oil shares divided equally. I just received email with attachment of the recorded stipulation. Should be in good time for the Dec royalty check to be even for all of us

Now I just have to figure out how to handle the income taxes. I'm thinking its enough money the IRS will charge some interest and penalty if they don't get quarterly payments starting in 2011. Government is always pretty money grubbing.

My buzz over the oil business being completed was short lived as I went online to check on my drivers license renewal. I have to go in person because I used the online renewal last time and you can only use it every other time, and they have cut back on # of offices so I have to go the one in Boulder, last time I renewed in person I was able to do it in Brighton. -rats, I hate the DMV lines and when I had to get some driving records for insurance a few years ago the line in that Boulder office was horribly long. I'm sure the staff feel more overworked than ever with now having state budget shortfalls so they probably 'move' slower than ever. Human nature if one feels like 'the man' is trying to squeeze every last bit of effort out of you, then you dig in your heels. Not to mention that feeling overwhelmed makes it hard to get things done in general.

I cant decide if I should just file a form and pay estimated taxes quarterly or try to get money taken out at work. It is not a stable amount yet so perhaps I'll be better off just sending in a payment every quarter. Or actually in Jan, Apr, Jun and Sep. I don't know why they shift to Jun and Sep after starting with payments due 1/2 way through the month that follows the end of the quarter. But I guess, the Infernal Revenue System is not supposed to make sense to basic citizens.

No comments: