Monday, December 6, 2010

Grey Moun's owie update

I think there is a bit of healing progress (the open area is getting shorter) but its slow. A few days ago I thought it was a nice hard scab so I left it, next day it was very raised up and loose so I have been plucking at the scab every day now. Today I made it bleed at the bottom. I've switched to using only the wonder dust, no more alushield spray as main focus is to try to limit amount of proud flesh until the skin can eventually grow over that area. I am forcing myself to be a bit more stingy with hay. Having CJ over there it should be 1 bale for 1 feeding. Didn't start on a new bale though, but I am trying to come out close. I was feeding more generous than the horses needed. Better than stinting them but they don't need to be fed to obesity either.

No comments: