Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nice little ride this morning

I kept daydreaming about possible homes for Lady, but I enjoyed riding Shade this morning. It was so warm I had to remove my windbreaker, thankfully enough breeze I was ok with sweatshirt and Shade was not too hot and sluggish. Then I ate at home. Last night I was in the frozen foods aisle, and realized I have somewhat suddenly hit a wall on eating microwaved frozen quesadilas, or mini pizzas, sandwich pockets etc. I was looking at the breakfast items and went "well I could just make myself some scrambled egg skillet things and bring in, no need to pay this much for stuff that wont taste nearly as good. So while I'm still on pbj on toast for breakfast I guess I'm going to have a bit of a skillet egg kick for lunches, maybe supplemented with some hearty stew/chile/soups once in a while. I am not in a mood for chefs salads.

Grey's knee didn't seem swollen today and the pad was no longer over the scratch/poke so I just put some povidone salve on it. I think this salve is thick enough to stay in place on a 60 degrees day. His cut is ok. I think he's going to have a bit of proud flesh there but the wonder dust/ lime will keep it from getting too ugly.

I bought some no name truffle candy for the white elephant deal at work. I had toyed with the idea of making bath salts or body scrub with feed salt rather than $$ dead sea salt but the candy was right there in the store in a holiday end cap display and I didn't have to spend time trying to decorate a jar, picking out and mixing scents or any of that rot.

No comments: