Friday, April 30, 2010

Funky Friday

Just been a funky week for me. I'm churning up again with politics/government and the MarxSpewMedia, I want to fight back but I don't know how. I did post a video of the swat team called on tea party patriots. If I had a larger audience that would be good because knowledge is power. Perhaps I feel overwhelmed, it seems like way more folks are parroting the worst of the lies. Perhaps I should drop looking at some peoples' stuff.

And then the BP oil spill. I hate BP, their machinations were a huge contribution to the Iran we have now. They wanted president somebody gone. Truman told them to foad, but they went back to Eisenhower, sold it as fighting communism and the shah was helped into place. Then when Carter came along so did the ayatollah. And now we have crazy ach my dinner job months away from getting a nuclear bomb and Barry telling Israel they can't try to use force to push things back. We seriously could have a nuclear world war inside this decade. BUT -- oil companies are responsible for cleanup means we will bill them! It should not mean that BP is a bigger coordinating force than the U.S. government. Well they can probably do a much better job, but I don't think they expected to be in charge of lining everything up so precious days were lost while Barry ordered legal teams in before addressing the cleanup! And of course the MSM will give him a pass on that and just use this to push green energy, but not nuclear energy which actually might be useful to meet growing electricity demands. SIGGHHHHHH

I went and adopted a cat this morning. A sweet, mature neutered male. He needs a name and lots of brushing/combing. Full shed mode. He is a DSH, so I hope the shedding will not be a constant affair. The down side of that is I didn't get to work until 2 pm. I already put vacation time on the card so no biggie to leave a little early but sigh. He is a grey tabby with white just at his paws. I had no color preference, just wanted a mellow cat that liked petting and laps. There was a very pretty dark calico cat there but she was longer haired, which I would have lived with but I thought she might be too restless. She was the first one to come and get petted of the group of 5 they had in a visiting room, but she was mewing the whole time and was kind of grabbing at my hands if I touched any spot she didn't like, so I went with Mr Mellow. I had to get out of there before I caved on just one cat. I do think an older cat will be happier, only having pushy Ole dog interfering with his toys and lap time.

We are trying to get a new mission processing in close to real-time mode. Well my fun new innovation of periodic clocks is no go with the initial data as we are getting it still in daily batches. Hopefully by reverting to the older method of generating custom clocks we can iron out wrinkles in the rest of the processing and then if we start getting data segments that are a few hours rather than combined for an entire day we can try my special clocks again and that will be the only thing that needs to be tweaked.

No comments: