Monday, April 26, 2010

New modem better fix the ISP outages

Or I will be furious with myself for just hoping the easy fix works and having to pay a termination fee with Hughesnet or a service call. I logged some thoughts in a word doc at home and don't feel like repeating them from fuzzy memory. Doing the 25 yesterday was FUN FUN FUN. Shade placed 5th out of 44 starters. Not shabby at all. We are not out to be 25 miler contenders, I like doing leisurely 50's but it was a blast. Shade was energetic but not wild about it, traveled more round I think and finished with decent scores. Her hydration was a bit behind. I should have been working to get her to drink, we were 5th in the best condition scoring with only 5 of 10 possibly points for hydration. After the vetting she started drinking out of the tanks with gusto. Oh well, I had not been worried about the drinking because she drank well on the trail. If I had known it would be fairly close in points I would have pushed it a bit as the award was an embroidered fly sheet. Now I just have to figure out if I was riding crooked. I was tight in my right glute at the 17 mile vet check. Since it was not something equal on both sides there is that concern. Or maybe Shade doinked it spooking although I don't recall any Uffda spooks on the first loop, but my adrenaline was flowing too so I may be missing one that didn't feel too big at the time. But today I've been dragging a bit, of course I do on mondays anyway.

No comments: