Wednesday, April 28, 2010

wednesay.

I rode Shade today. It felt hot, but I beat the wind which is supposed to bring in a cold front. Since its hot, I'm still dragging from sunday, and shots were yesterday I just rode for about 20 minutes in their paddock. Today I had just tossed the LJ on her and after doing a decent canter lap we stopped away from the gate and I decided to just strip the saddle right there and give them their last bit of morning hay. Shade isn't a gate monster and I often unsaddle her in the paddock after stopping near the gate but I figured a little extra randomizing cant hurt. Ole was a bit bummed he didn't get to go down the road but he'll have more fun if dad takes him for a run after it cools off.

I have this fantasy of how I would save the republic. First hey make me dictator with promise of a new identity in 4-6 years when I'm done. I would do away with cash welfare. Well not entirely I would have it so anybody can get 6 months as cash every 5 years for lost job, lost a spouse, suffered disabling injury. After that you get to live in a dorm/baracks situation. Families get a dorm room, maybe a 2 room suite. Meals are served in the cafeteria, you eat what is served or skip a meal, you get up and make the beds no later than we tell you. There is an adult TV with C-span and a kids TV with cartoons, a library. You want anything else you can feed an electric meter and buy an ipod or whatever with any funds you have. I will let you move into the barracks immediately if you qualify for the cash benefit so you can choose to save it up if you may want to pay for education, start a business, whatever. Howling about the infringement of liberties -- HEY feel free to become self-supportive and live as you would like --on your own dime.

I would tell the EPA, NOAA, the NSF, NASA, they are cutting their budgets 7% a year and I will even let them figure out where to cut. I will ignore the protests and raise the age for SS benefits to a sustainable level (72 maybe) and allow medicare to kick in no earlier than 2 years before the SS age threshold. I will make it illegal for people paid with public funds to strike, or to make political or any kind of 527 donations with union dues.

I would cut the Dept of Energy and the Dept of Education by 10% a year for those 5 years. I would force the Dept of Education to move to schools having to teach the old 3 R's and the constitution and declaration of independence.
I would amend the voter rights act so that if someone else can claim you as a dependent you are not eligible to vote. I am not sure how this works for spouses. Married filed jointly means both spouses are eligible maybe?

I would burn the tax code. The standard deductions are it. I'll cut the rates too but just a bit to start with. As the national debt is reduced I will first cut corporate rates (and make it easier for small businesses to have those rates if they would be lower than them filing as individual)

Then standard elections resume and if people elect politicians who vote to move everything back to what I think is destroying the nation, oh well I tried.

No comments: