Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wheee, windy ride on the bay mare

I had to psych myself up to get going. Shade was KEYED up at the start, didn't help that I was not taking Mia, and was a bit nervous that she might sneak through the fence. I went the other direction and that worked but if she had slipped out and then come that way she would have been right at the neighbors' yard that she thinks she can snoop around in. So I was looking back to see if the dog was sneaking through the fence quite a bit at the start and worrying a bit and with that + the wind, Shade did a couple of 180's a reining horse would have approved of. But once we turned off the main road she was pretty good. OMG she felt SO strong trotting and cantering once we were a couple miles into the ride. She felt a little funky the last bit home, I hope its just paranoia on my part, I got to wondering if she was getting a cramp, but she was tracking evenly as far as I could tell when I got off and led her the last bit, and I don't think there was a cramp. Her muscles are so hard when she tenses but there was no lump when she relaxed on either leg. I'd have made a great Jewish mom/grandmom I EXCEL at worrying, LOL.

No comments: