Monday, November 22, 2010

typing one handed

I may have to abort this - no injuries just trying to drink coffee at same time. I am dreading Greys bandage change, my fingers got so cold yesterday they hurt, but the real dread is not knowing if things are helping. There is a patch of missing skin where I thought there was only a thin cut earlier. Overall the cut does look like it is healing. Not angry red, but getting some blood flow, flesh filling in the deep area in the middle of the cut and so on. I think I need to use a draining salve a bit longer before I encourage scabbing with wonder dust. I switched to povodone salve yesterday. It is too cold for saline and I think telfa pad and this salve will be easier on the skin too. What I don't like is the skin rub and generally feeling like the duct tape is keeping his skin and hoof moister than it should be but I think its still the lesser evil at this point, dang I wish I had just detoured around the stupid carcass.

I've been avoiding a blog, because I don't know if my fragile ego could handle it if life is still overwhelming them after I made a small gesture to help by paying an unexpected car repair bill. I've felt badly for the author and unable to do anything as she struggles with a life situation -and the car repair was just tip of the iceberg of her stresses. Hopefully god gives her help with other areas and she rebounds to being the super-capable woman I was following last year, or even if she feels like she is muddling along she'll feel like she will make it through the maze anyway.

No comments: