Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holy cow, I may need a tax consultant

The Nov. oil check is nearly twice as big as the october check was. Thank goodness I already did the equal shares split but it just didn't go through yet, lawyer is waiting on the return from sister, I didn't ask if she got that done yet, having a mastectomy today I'm sure she has been pretty distracted. I am going to send the siblings 1/4 each of what I received for Nov. With having just put previous 'extra' into savings I should be fine for taxes and then I can decide if I'll do any more divvying up or just not bother after the taxes are filed and I know how much the government will take. Thankfully I don't think my sibs are going to calculate every dollar it would have been since I have done the right thing and divided shares/future payouts equally since the royalties have already paid back the purchase price -- and aunt Julie was able to have the nice funeral she wanted last year and I think she'd be pleased to know her nieces and nephew are getting a nice inheritance out of the oil shares she hung on to through some fairly lean years for her.

No comments: