Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rode Shade twice this weekend

Thats the highlight. I've been emailing myself to vent low thoughts that I needed to release but were too low for public view. I still can't bring myself to stay away from the place that leads me to such angst, don't ask me why. We are getting the edge of a snow storm, I didn't feed before dark so am now not bothering to rush at all but I need to get out within the half hour. The wind was coming up as I rode but it wasn't too cold yet and it was one of those times when riding in the wind was exhilarating rather than a negative.

Yesterday I rode Lady Paloma after my blog post. One definite thing: I do not desire to ride her myself. She is a sweet little horse, a bit uneasy when being worked but just seems to be expecting demands to GO GO GO and will relax a bit when I say we are just dinking but she does NOT do a flat walk for crap, always puts a bit of eggbeater footwork in after just several seconds of good walking - she'll keep the speed to walking levels and isn't sneaking up the pace like Cindy would do when she jigged but its not relaxing for me and dammit I want to be relaxing when the horse is just walking.

No comments: