Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We may actually have a big meal sometime this weekend. Mom has called me twice asking if I needed anything from Stockyard Supply and then from Walmart, did we need dog or cat food. I prepared this year by buying a DiGiornos pizza at my weekly target run. Last year I bought a small turkey and a spiral ham, heated the ham over thanksgiving weekend and cooked the turkey around christmas, dad invited his buddy over. Turkey wasn't thawed yet that morning so I combined brining and thawing it. I would brine turkey for future roasting, it didn't go all dry like it sometimes does. This year I don't care what I eat this weekend, just looking forward to 4 days with no more stress than logging in to work to see if the automated stuff is running.

Thankful for list:

I am thankful for my sister, that her melanoma had not spread and that her breast cancer was caught early.
I am thankful for my brother and for his wife Margaret and her son S who make bro happy
I am thankful that my parents are still going, lord help me realize they are not youngsters and not everyone is spry until age 90.
I am thankful for my horses (you knew I was going to get there)
Thankful that Grey's cut seems to be healing and does not seem infected, nor painful to him. Lord just give me guidance and patience to pursue wraps as long as needed and then let it scab and look ugly while healing works underneath.
Thankful that Shade is over her cough and seems to feel lively and very thankful that she enjoys her job even though she doesn't really like 'the commute'
Thankful that Sadie is so level headed so far and seems to enjoy the idea of 'being worked'
Thankful that Cindy had good health for all the years she enjoyed and passed peacefully when I had her euthanized.
Thankful that Lady Paloma is getting along nicely with Sadie and does not have special needs. Lord please guide me in selecting her future. Is she meant to lead me to mentoring or something?

No comments: